Friday, November 20, 2015

Apple Butter - Crockpot recipe

Fall is almost over and winter is sneaking upon us fast!  I made this yummy Apple Butter last year and accidentally used double the cinnamon amount and choked my way though it telling myself it was good!  This year I found a great over-nighter recipe, watched my cinnamon measuring like a hawk, and ended up with yummy Apple Butter!  A success!  It's super easy to do as well, which makes it a double bonus!!


All you have to do is skin those apples (optional but I like it that way), put them in the crockpot, add in a few yummy ingredients, turn on the crockpot, go to bed, and WHAM!  You wake up with your house smelling like apple cinnamon heaven!  It's amazing!



Ingredients:

1 dozen apples
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup apple cider (just double your water if you don't have apple cider and add a tad more sweetener like more brown sugar, or a natural sweetener like Stevia)


Peel and slice up your apples, set them in the crockpot.  In a seperate bowl combine the remaining ingredients, pour over apples and rub until evenly coated.  Put the lid on, set on low, and leave over night up to 8-10 hours.  When you wake up to your heavenly smelling house, turn off crockpot and let it cool down slightly.  Then add to your blender and get it nice and smooth.  I put a few jars in my refrigerator and few in my freezer to keep nice and fresh!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment