Sunday, February 5, 2012

Crepes - Paleo!

Is anyone else looking for something else to eat for breakfast besides eggs and bacon on this Paleo chanllenge???  Well  I was!!  These crepes are darn good, and darn easy!!!  If you think about it, the main ingredients is eggs, and you only have to do a little ingredient swapping and wala!!!  These tasted just like the real deal to me, maybe a little more eggy than flour(y), but that's what we are going for, right???  I just topped mine with Justin's brand Maple Almond Butter (my favorite) and Pure maple syrup!  They were awesome!  And I didn't feel left out while my kids and husband were eating their crepes!



3 eggs
1/4 Cup Almond Milk (I like Vanilla)
1/4 Cup Almond Meal
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tblsp olive oil (or coconut oil)

Just whip all ingredients up in a blender.  Heat your skillet on medium heat.  Spray with coconut cooking spray and scoop about 1/3 cup of batter onto skillet.  Pick up skillet and swirl it to make a big circle.  Wait until edges start to curl a little and the underside is slightly browned and flip.  Beware, this does take skill, and you will get better with practice!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've made these twice recently. Very good. I like the simplicity of the recipe. I add a little cinnamon and maple syrup to mine.

    ReplyDelete