Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes - Paleo

And now for the paleo pumpkin pancakes I promised awhile back. You know I had to wait to post these in October, right? Anyways, these are good. And loaded with protein. Very low on carbs, and quite..... pumpkinee. You know when you get stuck in a rut and you just need to change things up? Here you go! The only extra ingredients you need that you might not have in your pantry is almond butter and pumpkin, but of course you would have pumpkin in your pantry in October! The crushed pecans on top are optional, but I thought they added a lot to it. And if you can't tell, hidden on the bottome pancake I snuck some peanut butter on it because I couldn't stand it! I had to have it. Please tell me to go to therapy for this because my gosh, the pancakes is Loaded with Almond butter!




2eggs - beaten with a fork

1/2 Cup pumpkin

1/2 Cup Almond butter (I use a tad less)

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1/4 tsp vanilla

1 tblsp Agave (or honey)

Just combine everything in a bowl and stir it up until smooth, cook on a grill a tad slower than you would with regular pancakes because there is no flour, and serve with real maple syrup, peanut butter, & pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment