Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Peanut Butter Energy Bites

Well, a whole year has passed since I last posted and I feel totally ashamed!  Life is crazy and I'm too lazy to take pics of my food when I need to!  haha!
Anyways!  We all know that Energy Bites are now the healthy craze for a yummy snack to have on hand!  This is a great recipe you can use as your base, then chooses to add in anything else that you like!!




I of course live on Peanut Butter, so my add in of choice was peanut Butter chips!  Welcome to the Coats household!  These recipes are too easy to make and you can have a yummy snack for days to come!  I will be posting a cocoa recipe soon that you can drool on as well!


RECIPE
(adapted from Melskitchencafe.com)

1 Cup (3.5 ounces) old fashioned Oats
1/3 cup (1.25 ounces) ground flaxseed meal
3/4 -1 Cup Nut Butter (I use peanut butter)
1/4 Cup (3 ounces) Honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

Optional Add-ins: mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, dried fruit, chia seeds, etc...

Pulse the Oats in a blender a few times to chop them up.  Warm up the peanut butter and honey for 20 seconds.  Add to the bowl, then add remaining ingredients.  If it seems dry, add a bit more nut butter until consistency is soft but not sticky or crumbly.  Roll into balls, and place on wax paper in the fridge for 30 minutes until cooled.  Then store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment