Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Zucchini Spaghetti Noodles with Roasted Eggplant

Well wouldn't you know it.  Here I am cooking another Paleo meal and loving it, so I had to share!  I guess doing something for 2 weeks DOES make a habit!  Anyways, if your anything like me, you hear the word Eggplant and immediately move on to a different recipe, not because you don't like it, but because it's somewhat foreign to you and you haven't really tried it before.   Well stop here my friend, because this was DANG good, and DANG easy, and I will for sure cook it again, and again.  And see those yummy zucchini noodles in the picture? Just go to Kitchen Kneads and grab yourself a Julienne Peeler for $8.95.  It's WORTH the money, I promise!!!  And I didn't feel like I was missing or wanting the regular spaghetti noodles, the zucchini was awesome!!!
I used this New Marinara sauce from Walmart that I thought was Awesome!  A lot of people like to do "home-made" marinara sauce, but it's really like throwing a can of this, and a can of that and a packet of this in there, so I figure this is just easier!  This Rao's Homemade All natural was sooo good, and nothing bad for you in the ingredients!  So Enjoy!


2-3 Medium Zucchini - Julienne Peeled
3/4 lb of ground pork Sausage
1 Jar Marinara Sauce
1 Med Eggplant   - Sliced
1 Tblsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1 tsp minced Garlic

Preheat Oven to 425*  Cut the tops off your Eggplant and slice into1/2 inch rounds, then in 1/2's.  Put your eggplant in a bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.  You be the judge of how much olive oil you need.  Place them on a cookie sheet and Roast in the oven for 18-20 min.
In a large saute pan, put your sausage (I do half sausage have beef) in and cook until browned all the way through. Drain Fat.  Add your marinara sauce and simmer for at least 10 min.
Now take your zucchini and just slice away with your julienne peeler, skin and all.  Put it in a microwavable bowl with the lid on and nuke for about 2 min.  You don't want to overcook or they will get soggy, so you be the judge.  When done, drain the excess water and or pat dry.  Add your sauce, and then your Roasted Eggplant, and Wala!!

No comments:

Post a Comment