Monday, April 9, 2012

Egg Salad made with Avacado

So does anyone else have a crap load of boiled Easter eggs that they need to get rid of????  And fretting if you are on a Paleo diet and don't have a great way to get that Egg Salad craving put to rest?  Well my friends, once again Pinterest has not let me down.  I found about 5 different recipes that I tinkered with and quite like the concoction I came up with!!!! It's very light and refreshing!  And you can eat this with bread, or with out bread.  With Mayo, or without Mayo!  Take a look!!
I like to serve mine with Spinach leaves.

 Or in a pepper if you are going paleo...
 Or celery sticks.  Ok this pic kind of looks gross because it's second day Egg Salad, and Avocado's don't look that great the second day!!

4 boiled eggs - peeled and chopped
1 Avocado - mushed
1 tblsp Mayo (omit if you are paleo unless you have paleo mayo)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 - 3/4 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp black pepper
Chop your boiled eggs then add a ripe avocado and mush together.  Then add the rest of the ingredients and it's kind of up to you on how dill"y" or lemon"y" you want it!  Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is just what I needed. I really am bored of the same old egg salad sandwich! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete