Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fruit Pizza

So you gotta love Fruit Pizza.  Everyone days.  And there is sooo many different ways to make it.  And this is my favorite way!  Just don't mess up like I did on this last one.  I used too much cookie dough, and too small of a cookie sheet and came up with a tall cakey type texture for my crust.  No, no, no.  Not what I like.  So do what I say, and not what I did!  Some people like to use 2 Pillsbury sugar cookie dough tubes.  But I like to use homemade cookie dough!  Yum!!!
Just a tip:  First Frost the crust...
Then, cut the crust into your squares...

Then add your toppings so that it comes out nice and even for you OCD folk out there.  (me included)



I also saw this image on Pinterest that I thought was an awesome idea!!!  Sooooo, I'm going to try this next time!!
Fruit pizza bar: sugar cookies, lots of fruit, and the cream cheese/frosting.

 I recipe Sugar Cookie Dough
Or:
2 rolls pillsbury sugar cookie dough.

Spread it evenly over a large cookie sheet.  Bake in the oven at 350* for 14-16 min.  You seriously don't even want it to brown on the top.  So if you think it's not done, it probably is.  Otherwise you will get the cakey crust instead of the soft chewy crust.  Once it's cooled add the following frosting:

Frosting:
1 tub light cool whip
1 tub WHIPPED cream cheese
2/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon juice
Start with blending the cream cheese until it's light and fluffy.  Then add in your Powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.  Blend some more.  Last fold in your cool whip and blend with blender until just mixed.  Spread evenly over your crust then cut into large squares.  If you cut them too small you can't fit all the wonderful fruit choices on top.  My favorite that gives it a fun color variety is:
Strawberries
Kiwi
banana
black berries
rasberries

No comments:

Post a Comment