Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Skinny Chicken Salad

So I'm not gonna lie.  I've kind of been eating the same thing for lunch almost every day for two weeks now.  That would be the Healthy Thai Chicken Salad I posted Last week, and this Skinny Chicken Salad I'm posting today, both from OUR BEST BITES!
This recipe, I've actually eaten tons in the past year but with a little spin on it I'll share with you at the end if you want to mix it up.


Just looking at this salad you feel healthy, right? And it seriously is delishous!!
 You can eat it out of a bowl, or add it to a big peice of lettuce and make it a lettuce wrap.

Yeild:  1 Serving

4 oz, or 1 Cup diced or shredded Chicken
1/4 Cup diced apple (gala is my favorite)
2 TBSP diced green onion
1/4 Cup or one stalk celery diced
1 TBSP light mayo
1 TBSP greek yogurt or light sour cream
1/4 tsp red wine vinegar
1/8 tsp curry powder
1 TBSP sunflower seeds or sliced Almonds

Combine all the ingredients above and enjoy!  Or combine all ingredients except the seeds or almonds and chill for an hour, then add and enjoy!

The other option I have for this salad is to leave out the curry powder and green onion, but you add 1 cup of shredded cabbage/coleslaw, and no nuts.  It is soo yummy this way as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment