Monday, July 25, 2011

Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken - Pasta Factory style!

So you see all these healthy recipes I post then I hit you with one of the most fattening recipes out there, you might be a little confused! Tradition! Every year for my brother-in-law's birthday I make him this dish because he really loves it, and I call it his birthday present! Sweet huh! I got this recipe from a gal down in St. George that actually worked at the Pasta factory, so I'm not lying when I say it's good! Just don't count the calories and you will be just fine! Also, see that yummy breadstick in the picture, I'm going to post that recipe next! Sauce:
1 Cup Butter
1 Stick Cream Cheese (don't use whipped)
1 Cup 2% or whole milk
3/4 Cup Heavy Whip Cream
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Melt Butter & Cream cheese in a medium sauce pan at medium heat, stirring often. Add milk and whip cream and whisk often to keep it from burning. After it heats up again add in the parmesan cheese and whisk often. Keep whisking and when your dinner is about 5 min from being done turn heat all the way down and keep whisking, but letting it cool down slightly will let it thicken up.
Chicken:
2-3 Chicken Breasts, cut into bite size
1 tblsp Olive oil
Lemon Pepper seasoning to taste
White cooking whine
Pour olive oil into hot skillet, add chicken and season well with lemon pepper, and cook chicken until white. Once cooked through, add white cooking wine and saute for a few min just to get the taste. (maybe 2 tsp. or so)
Cook your fettuccine noodles to liking, pour sauce on noodles (or toss) add chicken, and I always add steamed veggies like broccoli to make me feel a little healthier!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Fatty-pants food alright. But almost too tempting to pass up. Well I suppose if I only eat it once a year, like on my birthday, it can't do much harm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use fat free or reduced fat cream cheese, and replace the heavy cream with additional milk, and half of the butter that it calls for. It turns out the same. tastes great and is at least half of the fat content. I use 2% milk also.

    This is my revision to cut on fat but keep the flavor:

    1/2 cup butter
    1 stick low fat cream cheese
    1/1/4 cup 2% milk (may add more or use less depending on the thickness of the sauce that you prefer)
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese (may add more for flavor)

    I make this all the time and love it (: I love alfredo and have become a connoisseur.. tried about every alfredo sauce there is between here and San Diego. And I like this one.
    Over and out (:
    Rue

    ReplyDelete