Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hawaiin Popcorn

 Ok, so this isn't a special popcorn you have to purchase in Hawaii, but  the first time I've ever tasted this kind of popcorn, I was in Hawaii.  And FELL. IN. LOVE.  I have problems with anything salty as it is, popcorn, tortilla chips, peanut butter.  Oh wait, is Peanut Butter salty?  It doesn't matter, I have problems with it anyways!  Back to this popcorn, it has an ingredient in it called Nutritional Yeast.  Don't worry, it's not the kind of yeast that makes your bread rise, it's a seasoning or spice that gives this popcorn kind of a cheesy flavor.  But not really!  You know those cheetos that are covered in that white cheesy powder?  It's kind of like that.  But with loads of other flavors going on!  But super healthy for you!  Always!!  You can find it at any health food store.



 Here are the necessary ingredients to make this popcorn wowser!!!  You need Coconut Oil, Pam Coconut spray, Sea Salt, Nutritional Yeast, and of course your kernals!


Popcorn
2 Servings:

1/3 Cup Kernals
1/2 TBLSP Coconut Oil
2 Tblsp Nutrional Yeast
Coconut Oil Pam Spray (you could use butter if that's all you have)
Sea Salt - to your desired saltiness!

I have a popper.  So I just add my coconut oil to the popper with the kernals and let it do its thing.  When it's done I immediately spray it with the coconut spray, and then quickly add 1 tblsp of nutrional yeast and a good shake of the salt.  Then I stir it and repeat.  Spray with the coconut spray then quickly add your last tblsp of nutritional yeast and another good shake of salt.  I like salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment