Thursday, July 7, 2011

Strawberry Vinegerette Salad

Ok, I know I just barely posted a Strawberry Salad, but since this is my recipe blog, AND it's strawberry season, I've been eating them like crazy, so it's the perfect time to snap a shot and add it to the recipe index. This one I've been having for a few years now and absolutely love. There's just a few variations from the one posted before, and the dressing isn't a berry vinegerette, it's just a vinegerette... And just for the records, I am SOOOO mad at all the birds and slugs that think they can nibble at all my berries! Stand back! I'm in strawberry salad mode! 1/2 bunch of red leaf lettuce (my favorite of all kinds of lettuce)
1/2 bunch spinach leaves (my second favorite)
3/4 cup Montery Jack cheese - (or whatever you have on hand)
1/2 cup almonds
1 pint Strawberries sliced
sliced mushrooms (optional)
Avocado (a must)

Dressing:
1/2 Red Wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. paprika
2 cloves garlic crushed
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 Cup oil
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
I usually only do half this recipe, and I stick it into a dressing bottle and shake it really well. Refrigerate for an hour if you can and DON'T put on salad until right before serving and just eyeball how much you should put on, toss it and serve! Once again, YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment