Friday, July 22, 2011

Wonderful Waffles - gluten free & casein free

So what an enticing pic, right? I know, I should have taken a picture with peanut butter slathered all over it & dripping of syrup, but I didn't! But this just shows you, you can get a good texture with using gluten free flours! Once again, this is for my Bridger and his fun diet I get to deal with :) Bless his soul! 1 Cup GF (gluten free) flour blend. (I use 1/2 Cup brown rice flour, 1/2 cup oat flour)
3 tsp baking powder (I use aluminum free)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tblsp sugar (I use xylitol to make this recipe sugar free)
1/2 tsp xanthum gum or guar gum
3 eggs, seperated
1 Cup Milk or milk substitute to make it casein free ( I use almond milk or rice milk)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Separate the eggs- the whites in a small bowl and the yolks go into the flour mixture. Add the milk to the flour mix and whisk well. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Meanwhile, add the oil and vanilla to the batter & mix well. Pour the stiff egg whites into the batter and whisk well. Pour into your waffle iron and cook until desired texture! Bridger eats these at least twice a day with almond butter and sugar free maple flavored syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment