Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Peanut Butter Temptations

These yummy little cookies go back about 12 years when I lived in St. George going to college. We lived in a town home and a lady across the street brought us a plate full of these during Christmas Time. So for some reason, although these aren't just Christmas Cookies, it's the only time of the year I make them. So I guess for me, they are my Christmas cookies. And we all know how much I LOVE peanut butter, you can imagine how good these cookies are, and look at how adorable they are! Perfect to go on your Christmas plate of treats to bring to your neighbor!I tried to see if it made a difference in whether or not I rolled the dough or not, and it didn't really. Personally i think they looked better not rolled so save your self some time and just throw a spoonful of dough in your mini muffin pans and call it good!
And DON'T put those peanut butter cups in the cookie until the second they are done cooking, then pop those bad boys in real quick!

1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 Cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
10 oz bag small reeses peanut butter cups

Cream together your butter, Peanut Butter & sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Sift together the dry ingredients and add to mixture. Drop spoonful of dough about 3/4 full in a mini muffin pan. Bake at 375* for 8-10 min. When done, immediately press unwrapped Peanut Butter cups into the center of each cookies. At this point I stick the whole pan in my refrigerator and let it cool, otherwise the chocolate takes forever to harden. And although these are soooo yummy to eat warm right of the oven, I actually like to store these in an air tight container in my refrigerator and eat them cold. SOOOOOOO good! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment