Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ham And Potato Soup

It's sooo hard to post all of my healthy dinners and snacks right in the middle of comfort food weather & the holidays! So please forgive me and don't lose faith in me, because I promise I have more up my sleeve, but who can resist right now? I say if you eat good 80% of the time, you can cheat the other 20% of the time and still feel good about yourself! On that note, here is some yummy Ham and Potato Soup that is quick and delicious. And yes, I did serve them in bread bowls. I know, bad!!!!! But ohhhh, soo good! Enjoy!



Ready in 45 min:

4 Cups Water
3 1/2 Cups peeled & diced potatoes

1 Cup diced cooked ham
1/3 Cup diced celery
1/3 Cup finely chopped onion
2 tblsp chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

6 tblsp butter

6 tblsp flour

2 cups milk

Garnish options: bacon, chives & cheese!

If you are short on time microwave the potatoes for 5 minutes before you start, then follow the rest of the directions. Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham & chicken bouillon in a stockpot. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender about 10 to 15 min. Add your salt & Pepper.

In a separate saucepan, melt butter over med - low heat. When melted, slowly whisk in flour 1 tblsp at a time with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick. About 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over med-low heat until thicker, 4-5 min. Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot and cook soup until heated through. Serve Immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment