Friday, March 30, 2012

Taco Salad

Ok, I know everyone knows how to make Taco Salad, right?  Right.  But like I said before this blog is mainly for me to archive all my favorite recipes so when I'm looking for something to make, it's right there in the salad section!!!  I'm sure everyone has a favorite way to make their taco salad as well, but if your interested, here is my favorite:
Tortilla Chips
1 lb ground beef
1 Taco Seasoning (low sodium) Packet
Shredded Cheese
Salsa
Sour Cream
Lettuce
Avacodo
Green Onions
Tomatos
Catalina Dressing (light is great)
Just brown your ground beef, drain fat, then add in your Taco Seasoning and 3/4 Cup water.  Return to a boil then turn down and simmer for 5 min.  Then start with your tortilla chips on the bottom and start layering your favorites!  I like mine layered in the order listed above.  And for some reason I think the CATALINA DRESSING is a MUST for taco salad!  It just enhances the dish!  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment