Thursday, March 15, 2012

Egg In a Hole - Another Breakfast option

Everyone has cut a hole out of their bread and cracked an egg into the hole before right?  We love doing that at our house.  Especially my seven year old.  But I know what it's like when you are looking for a low carb breakfast.  Pinterest is a dangerous thing when you love to cook because I seriously skim over everything until I see a picture of food, then I pin it to my most popular board "Recipes I want to try".  And most of them are probably peanut butter desserts.  Anyways, long story short, I found these yummy eggs in a Pepper ring and thought what a wonderful idea and gave it a try.  They were soooo yummy!  And for those little people out their that really need some substance to get them through school, just put a piece of toast under it for them!


All you do is cut a Green Bell pepper so it keeps it shape.  Heat a saute pan on med and spray with non stick pam spray.  You want to make sure your pan is heated before you crack your egg otherwise it will run all over the place.  Put your pepper on the pan and crack your egg into the pepper.  Sometimes you will need to apply a little pressure on the pepper so it doesn't leak out.  Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper and Parmesian Cheese.  Once it's cooked Really good on the once side, go ahead and flip it and cook to your desired consistency.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment