Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Bread Muffins

Darn Pinterest.  Darn, Darn, Darn.  There is WAY too many things posted on that site and it makes me want to make it all!  Today I had 3 ripe bananas sitting on my counter so I pulled up Pinterest and the first thing that caught my eyes were these because the word PEANUT BUTTER was  right next to the word Banana.  And if you know anything about me and Peanut Butter, we are like best friends!!!  One of my most favorite treats in the world is yes, Peanut Butter!  So what's even better?  A warm banana bread muffin with peanutbutter chips soft and gooey inside!!!  Plus these have no oil or butter my friends!




Peanut Butter Banana Bread Muffins
adapted from allrecipes
makes 12-15 muffins
1 cup sugar  ( I used a natural sweetener xylitol)
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour ( I used 1 1/2 cup white, 1/2 cup white wheat)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter morsel

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place muffin cups in muffin tins
Mix sugar, applesauce, and egg until creamy and light yellow. Add bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until completely smooth. Fold in peanut butter chips. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins.
Bake for 25 minutes, until toothpick poked in center muffin comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment