Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cafe Rio - Pork

I've tried about 4 recipes of the so called "cafe rio pork" And this one is by far my favorite thanks to Ruth Ann Clark who submitted it in our ward recipe book last year. Some recipes call for Dr. Pepper, some coke. Some recipes call for Regular salsa, some green verde salsa. They all have a unique flavor and this one caught my attention the most!!! This was actually a two day step recipe that I turned into one day and it turned out just awesome, so that's the way I'm going to post it! I have also gone through 3 cilantro-lime ranch recipes and found my FAVORITE, that I will post next!


3 lbs pork - thawed


Add 1 tblsp olive oil to a skillet and brown the pork on both sides seasoned well with, salt, pepper, garlic salt and onion powder. That should only take like 2-3 min. on each side.


In your crock pot add the following ingredients:


1/2 can coke


1 Cup brown sugar


1/2 bottle green verde salsa


1/2 Cup ketchup.


Dump everything in your crockpot and stir until mixed well. Put your pork in and turn your crock pot on high and cook 5 hours, then turn to low and continue cooking 3 hours. The last hour before you eat, shred your pork with two forks. Top with the essentials: Homemade flour tortillas, green chilli rice, black beans, lettuce, avacado, cilantro, pico, tortilla chips, sour cream. Sooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment