Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Crockpot Chicken Salsa

I know that's not a very inticing name for this dinner but it's just what I've always called it and that's how I will always remember it! But if you are looking for like THE easiest dinner in the world, here you go. And it's SOOOOOOO good. Once again, 3 ingredients. Don't you love me for these beauties? Then of course the yummy toppings that go along with it. But here you go:


2 chicken breasts (thawed or frozen)

1 jar salsa

3/4 can of drained black beans


Just dump it all in a crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. I always cook it on high for the first hour to get past the "dangerous" warm temp that could get salmonilla (spelling?) then turn it to low for the next 4-6 hours. And I always use all my past salsas that I've canned in the past and don't love, because the flavor always turns out awesome when crockpotted all day. Just serve this with a slotted spoon (to get rid of the juice) on top of home-made tortillas or "cook your-self" tortillas with melted cheese, sour cream, guacamole & cilantro. Soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment