Friday, August 19, 2011

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes

So I know I've posted quite a few junkfood desserts, but for the most part I try really hard to find recipes for our every day living that I can actually call healthy for us. And my kids LOVE breakfast! I grew up as a cereal kind of a gal every day except once on the weekends when my mom wasn't at work and she could cook us a pancake breakfast. My kids don't love cereal. Cord is actually the only one that will eat cereal so I'm sure I will post a lot of different ways we enjoy breakfast. And this one is nice because I always have leftover buttermilk from some random recipe that I don't know what to do with the rest of. Buttermilk pancakes of course!!! I've actually had this recipe twice in the past week and tried different ways to substitute the white flour out and they have turned out fabulous! Instead of half wheat flour, half white flour. I used one cup whole wheat flour and a half cup of Oat flour one day, and they next day I used a half cup of buckwheat flour. Both Awesome!!! So Enjoy! http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/03/whole-wheat-buttermilk-pancakes/

No comments:

Post a Comment