Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lasagna - Crockpot Style

Once again, I couldn't resist cooking up one of my fast and easy & Favorite crockpot recipes! I got this beauty from my adorable friend Amy a couple of years ago, and haven't cooked regular baked lasagna since. It's that good. If you have a favorite homemade spaghetti sauce go ahead and use that in place of the canned or jarred spaghetti sauce it calls for. But if your anything like me, if you are cooking a crockpot recipe it's because you don't have time for all the fuss. So I actually canned some yummy spaghetti sauce that I throw in this recipe!


1 lb ground beef (or turkey) browned
2-3 tsp Italian seasoning
16 oz tub of cottage cheese
25 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
2 Cups mozzarella cheese
1/3 Cup water
8 uncooked lasagna noodles
Brown your ground beef and drain the fat. Add in your Italian seasoning and mix in well. Then it's time to layer inside of your crockpot. I usually do 3 layers. Start with 1/3 of your uncooked lasagna noodles, then use 1/3 of your ground beef, then sauce, then cottage cheese, then mozzarella cheese. Repeat 2 more times. Pour 1/3 cup of water around the sides then cook on low for 5 hours. Delicious, and Simple!

1 comment:

  1. Karie! I love your food blog! I check it often and have used lots of your recipes! Thanks for doing this! Hope you guys are doing good! Take care! - Katie

    ReplyDelete