Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pinwheel Chicken & Pesto

So I found this recipe off of a Paleo Blog and it looked really yummy to me, so I gave it a try.  The original recipe called for a big slice of swiss cheese in the middle, but of course I left that part.  But my husband Chris said, that's the one thing he thought it was missing!  Oh well, I'm the cook, and things are going to be a bit different around here!  This was really yummy and simple.  The original recipe also called for it to be wrapped up in tin foil and grilled, but it's way too cold to do that right now, so I just popped it in my bake ware and it turned out fabulous!!


2 big Chicken breasts- sliced in half
4-6 tblsp pesto sauce -I just used one from a jar
mixed vegetables
4 peices of bacon
Sea salt & Pepper to taste
Oregano
Basil
Coconut Oil (you can use olive oil)
Preheat oven to 375*.  Take your chicken breasts and either pound them down to be real thin, or I cut a big breast length wise so one becomes two.  Season your breast with salt & Pepper.  Spread 1 tblsp or so of your pesto sauce onto your chicken breast, lay a peice of bacon in the middle and roll the breast into a pin wheel.  Hold it down with a few toothpicks.  Then Salt & Pepper the top of your breast, then drizzle with Coconut oil and season with Oregano & Basil.  Put these into a bakeware and throw some of your favorite veggies in there seasoned how ever you would like.  I Salt & peppered them then drizzled a bit of the leftover coconut oil & Pesto sauce on top.    Pop it in the oven covered and bake for 45 min.  Turned out Great!!!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment