Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Grandmas Lemonade

So who out there is craving something to drink besides water?  ME!!!  I don't have a problem with soda so I can't tell you I feel for your craving of carbonation.  But if you want something sweet, here you go!  My Mom has made her own lemonade for years and My son Cord always asks for "Grandmas Lemonade".  And it's darn easy!!!!  Just fill a tall glass with cold water and crushed ice.  Squeeze about 1/2 of a lemon and 1/4 of a lime (you can use just lemon if you don't have limes, but lime just gives it the zest I love!) into your glass.  Then squirt about 15-18 drops of STEVIA extract into it.  The stevia is a natural sweetener that makes your drink sweet and not tart and sour.  It's wonderful! You can get it at Smith's Market Place, or any natural foods store, or Shangrila.  Heck I even think they have it at Walmart (I know they have powder). 

No comments:

Post a Comment