Monday, October 17, 2011

Beef & Broccoli

I was in need of a great recipe to serve for BUNKO last year and last minute I called my friend Amy desperately looking for ideas and she suggested Beef & Broccoli! And the great thing about this recipe is it's a crockpot meal, and it's so darn easy!!!! I Love this recipe! I serve it over brown rice. Enjoy!!

1 tblsp olive oil
1 lb petite sirloin steak
10 oz broccoli

1 tblsp soy sauce

1 tblsp brown sugar

1 1/4 Cup Water

1 packet lipton onion mushroom soup

Brown your steak in your olive oil on both sides for like 2 min each. Combine all other ingredients into your crockpot EXCEPT for your broccoli. Put steaks over sauce and cook on low for 8 hours. 1 hour before serving break up your steak. OPTIONAL - Add your broccoli about 1/2 hour before serving. Some people Love having the broccoli take on the flavor of the beef, but I personally don't. So I steam the broccoli on the side and add it when I serve it. It just depends on how you like your broccoli! But what a gread dish!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, looks good! I will have to make this one real soon.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete