Monday, October 10, 2011

Egg Noodles

My family has been using this egg noodle recipe for years and years, and about 5 months ago I was asked to do a tutorial on how to make them for our ward relief society ladies. So I kind of panicked, looked on line to find the best recipe ever, and the best way to make them ever, tried 3 other recipes and ultimatley ended up liking my recipe, and my way best. My Opinion. These are just soooo easy and soooo simple that I figured why bother. Some recipes had you raise them for an hour and that is soooooooo not necessary! Anyways, follow these simple steps and you will have yummy noodles to add to your favorite Chicken Noodle Soup!



Add all those messy ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork, until it's too hard. Then flour your hands and knead for a minute or so until well combined.



Roll out onto a floured surface as THIN as possible, otherwise you will end up with HUGE noodles!!!!Cut with a pizza cutter. I like my noodles small in length but a bit chunky in size :)Add them to a pot of boiling water, and let boil for about 15 minutes!

2 eggs
1 tsp salt
2 Cups flour
1/2 cup milk




Whisk your 2 eggs in a bowl. Add your salt and mix well. Add your 2 cups flour and stir with fork until you need to add your milk. If you feel like it's still to dry add another tsp or so of milk until it's sticky, but through kneading a little with flour on your hands it should just get tacky. Roll out on a floured surface as thin as possible and cut into thin strips with your pizza cutter. Add to a pot of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes. If you are adding the noodles straight into your soup then make sure you add them when you are at a full boil. If you are freezing them for a later use, rinse them with cold water and put in freezer bags. ( I put them into 2 bags so I have half batches because it makes quite a bit). If you are adding your frozen noodles to your soup, then open your freezer bag and put them in the microwave for 60 sec, then add them to boiling water and it only takes like 10 minutes to cook through.

No comments:

Post a Comment