Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Protein Shake

So I don't love pumpkin. Don't like pumpkin pie, but Love pumpkin dessert, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread. So I guess I only like pumpkin in it's sweetened form! BUT, I'm such a holiday freak, that I try really hard to follow the traditions of the holiday so I can feel like I'm in the spirit of the holiday! And pumpkin goes along with October, right? Anyways, this protein shake is actually really good! And it's kind of fun to switch things up in the fall. And it's oh so good for you because I don't add any sugar to this shake! Give it a whirl!


8-9 oz Vanilla Almond milk
1 scoop Chocolate Whey Protein
1/4 Cup pumpkin puree


1 tblsp flaxseed meal
2 tsp peanut butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg


pinch of clove (optional)


9 Icecubes


Throw everything into your mixer and let it mix for a good minute or two. You can tweak your measurements depending on your taste buds. If you don't want too much pumpkin, use only 3 tblsp. If you want more spice to it increase your cinnamon to 3/4 tsp.

No comments:

Post a Comment