Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Healthy Breakfast Burrito - ZONE

During my Diet challenges I do often with Crossfit, I have a lot of people ask me what I eat for Breakfast. For the most part I try to follow the zone diet which I think is fabulous, and this is one of their breakfast that they suggest for you to eat. I of course added avocado to it because I think avocado and peanut butter belong in everything. When it comes to the tortilla, they highly recommend the corn tortilla because it has less calories, and less carbs. But I seriously ate this breakfast like 4 times a week because I loved it. I still eat it probably twice a week. 1 corn tortilla - heated for 30-60 seconds on each side
1 egg - scrambled
1 oz shredded cheese
1/4 Cup black beans
Avocado
salsa
cilantro -optional

While your egg is cooking, heat your tortilla on a skillet. Once you turn it, put your cheese on it so it can melt. Add your black beans, egg, salsa, and avocado and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment