Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sweet & Sour Chicken

I've been in a Bunko group for many years, and one of my most favorite things about going to Bunko, is trying out new recipes! This one comes from a friend of mine, Ivy, and I've been eating it for almost 3 years now! It's soooo good! And probably one of my husbands favorite Chicken dishes!

Combine in bowl:

1/4 tsp garlic salt

1/2 Cup Cornstarch


In a seperate bowl beat 1 egg.


Cut about 3 chicken breasts into 3'rds. Dip the chicken in the cornstarch mixture first, then the egg, then the cornstarch again. Dipping it in the cornstarch first helps the egg stay on, which helps the cornstarch stay on better. And believe me, it makes a big difference! Brown in oil for about 3 min on each side.

Sauce:

1/4 Cup chicken broth

3/4 Cup sugar

1 tbslp soy sauce

1/4 Cup catsup

1/2 Cup vinegar

Combine everything in a bowl and wisk until combined. Pour into a 9x13 cake pan and put the chicken in it. Cut up a fresh pineapple and stick on top of the chicken. Bake in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.

Serve over Brown rice and veggies ( I love broccoli with this dish ) and what ever other side you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment