Friday, September 30, 2011

Honey Whole Wheat Bread

If your like me, I TRY my hardest to stay away from white flour. TRY is the key word! So this Honey Whole Wheat Bread is fantastic! I originally got this recipe from my SIL Richelle and didn't do much with it because my first batch turned out crumbly. But my other SIL Abbie cooks it all the time and it turns out fabulous! SOOOO, after alot of stalking other blogs and a bit of advice from Abbie, I tried it again and the whole family LOVED it! I think the trick was to let the mixer knead it for about 7 minutes before I let it rise. (That is what I read up on from the other blogs) :) And I have a wonderful Honey Butter recipe I will share next!

MAKES 3 LOAVES

3 Cups Warm water
2 TBSP Yeast
2/3 Cup Oil

2/3 Cup Honey

1 TBLSP salt

8 Cup Wheat Flour

3 TBLSP dough enhancer

1/4 Cup + 1 TBLSP Vital Wheat Gluten

Preheat your oven to 350. Add your Yeast to your water and let process for about 3 minutes. In your mixer add all the ingredients plus your water & yeast,except for about 4 cups of flour. I actually do half white flour and half wheat flour, so I'll add the white now, then slowly add the wheat later. Measure your oil first then the honey will just slide out. The dough enhancer and Vital Wheat Gluten aren't necessary, but it's supposed to really help the wheat flour hold together, and rise and take shape better. So once everything is mixed together pretty good, slowly add the other 4 cups of flour until the dough pulls away from the bowl and feels tacky to the touch. Let rise for 1 hour covered with cling wrap sprayed with pam (a towell drys out the dough). Shape dough into 3 sprayed & floured bread pans and let rise another hour. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes and the top of the bread is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment