Thursday, September 8, 2011

Crepes

Once again, more breakfast! I tell you I can't get anyone in the house to eat cold cereal except for Cord, and he just wants sugar cereal so he is allowed cereal like once a week! But my whole family loves these crepes and these come from a sweet girl Rachelle that is once again in my ward cookbook! There was actually a recipe I tried from one of my favorite blogs, but they were just too darn thick for our taste, and we just loved this recipe, so we are going to stick with it! I usually half this recipe for my family of five. 8 eggs
2 Cups milk
1 tsp salt
2 TBLSP oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp sugar
2 Cups flour
Beat all the ingredients except flour well. Slowly beat in flour. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into a sprayed, pre-heated pan, grab the handle and swirl the batter around to form crepe. Once you see the edges start to pull away, flip over and cook until they barely start to get some golden brown on them. My favorite way to eat these are obviously with peanut butter and light maple syrup with a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top. But a second favorite is with yogurt and strawberries with strawberry syrup and powdered sugar on top. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment